COCO Peat -1kg Bag-
1. Growing vegetable plants and young foliage.
2. As substrate for potted plants and tree seedlings
5. Mushroom production
6. Soil amendment
7. Co-substrates for compost
8. Worm castings
9. Reptile bedding …and more
- Made from a renewable resource (coconut “coir” or husk fiber).
- Coconut coir lasts 3 times longer than peat, has superior disease resistance, nutrient storage and water retention (it holds 8—9 times its weight in water).
- pH range is 5.7—6.8. Acceptable pH & EC.
- Organic and biodegradable, it has been extensively tested as a plant growth medium.
- Used in greenhouse and bedding plant production, on golf courses, in landscaping and erosion control.
- Bales are compressed 1:5 and expand to a fluffy, dark brown, great-smelling “peat” when warm water is added.
- 100% Organic.
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor.
- Absorbs water readily and re-wets easily, thus reducing the need for wetting agents.
- Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, thereby reducing labor costs and minimizing plant loss.
- Increases shelf life of plants.
- Slow breakdown of material means product will not shrink during your growing cycle.
- High water holding capacity while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration.
- Excellent wet ability, superior to peat.
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply.
- Retains physical properties longer and light weight.
- No pests, weeds, or diseases.
- Odorless and pleasant to handle.
- Natural and renewable resource with uniform composition.